Randy Z’s Apple Nachos
- Arugula - chopped
- Your favorite apples (I am using golden delicious) sliced into thin wedges and seeded.
- Low fat granola
- Red grapes - diced
- Heath milk chocolate toffee bites
- Salted caramel topping - warmed
- Pistachios - crushed
- Gruyere cheese - micro planed
- White chocolate melting wafers - melted
- Pink peppercorns
- White balsamic reduction
- Fresh orange juice - for coating apples to prevent browning
- First thing slice and seed apples and place in a bowl and cover with fresh orange juice.
- Then chop arugula and dress with balsamic reduction, heat caramel, melt chocolate and crush pistachios.
- Now choose a plate for serving and start at the top of the ingredients list and layer in the quantities of your liking.
- Serve as a light fresh appetizer before the Big Bird. Or as a snack after the food coma during the football game.