Randy Z’s Broccoli, Hot Capicola and Three Cheese Frittata
- 2 cups broccoli florets (6 to 7 ounces)
- 1 cup sweet onions - sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil - diced
- ½ tsp. fresh garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp. whole pink peppercorns
- 2 ounces hot capicola - chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sundried tomato pesto
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup cheese blend (I am using mozzarella, provolone & munster)
- 8 whole fresh eggs
- 2 fresh egg yokes
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Steam or boil in water broccoli for 1 minute, remove and set aside.
- Heat an 8 to 10-inch oven proof skillet on medium heat, add oil and capicola and cook until crispy.
- Remove capicola turn heat to medium high and add onions cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk cream, salt and pesto together in a large bowl then add remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture in the pan with the vegetables and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Top with capicola and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You want the frittata to be custardy not spongy or dry.