Randy Z’s MY LADIES WINGS with Sundried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 16 chicken wings
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces of sundried tomatoes – half julienned and half finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomato pesto
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves separated
- 1 ½ teaspoons of fresh oregano, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, diced
- Garnish: Baby spinach, balsamic vinegar and finely grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season wings with salt and pepper to taste
- In an oven proof skillet or large Dutch oven over medium high heat melt 3 tablespoons butter add the wings and sear both sides until golden brown; set aside.
- In the same pan add remaining tablespoon of butter, garlic, red pepper flakes and capers, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Turn heat up too high and add all of the ingredients, with the exception of garnish.
- Bring to a boil stirring until thickened, about 2-4 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet toss to coat and place in the oven uncovered until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165 degrees, approx. 20-25 minutes. (depending on size of wings)
- When chicken is complete place spinach on a plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, place wings on spinach top with finely grated parmesan cheese.
For You Grillers Out There: All of this can be done grill top in a roasting pan or disposable foil pan.