Randy Z’s Simple Old Fashion Ham
- 27-pound old fashion smoked ham
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp. ground mustard
- Pre-Heat the oven to 425 degrees and place your ham in a roasting pan on a rack at least 1 inch above the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 275 and cook until internal temperature in the thickest part of the ham reaches 140 degrees.
- (this could take between 5 to 7 hours - but it is well worth it) remove and let rest lightly covered in foil for 30 minutes.
- While ham is resting make the sauce
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a soft boil whisking often, remove from heat and cover.
- Slice ham parallel to the bone, plate and drizzle with sauce.
- Save the bone and all scraps for an awesome ham and bean soup